I believe we all agreed that it was great to have Spring Break, but also exciting to be back at school. There is a lot on our learning agenda for this month!
- Complete our research on the Hero/Shero project and create a visual display of our work.
- Complete our study of the Pacific Region and write a summary essay and add five more states to our states and capitals challenge!
- Complete our current literature study of Black Star, Bright Dawn.
- Complete Book A of our Math curriculum (Number Sense, Estimation, Multiplication, Division, and Fractions.
- Begin Book B (Decimals, Angles, Area and Perimeter, Symmetry.)
- Field trip to the Science Museum for a class, the new exhibit, and an I-Max film.
- Begin our study of the Mid-Atlantic Region (including a closer look at Washington D.C.)
- Spend the week of April 17-21 taking the E.R.B. tests.
- Complete our last two region studies, the Southeast and New England Regions.
- Study for our last WordMasters Challenge (the week of May 1st)
- Cruise and study on the Mississippi River Boat trip (May 2nd)
- Spend a day in the 5th grade (May 9th)
- Celebrate the Fourth Grade with a special dinner and performance (May 25th)
- Proudly present our "State Fair" posters and share our research.
On another note, please read the message from Mrs. Zozel regarding our Birthday Service Project.
We are collecting birthday celebration supplies for our local food shelf. Families who use our local food shelf often are unable to buy extra items
that make a birthday special,like
Cake Mix & Frosting, Candles, Rice, Noodles, Cookie Mix, Pizza Crust mix,
Paper Plates & Cups. Gluten-free, Kosher and Halal items are often needed by families as well.
If you would like to donate,
please bring items to school . Thanks!